Data security and processing of personal data
Turku Science Park Ltd
Joukahaisenkatu 3–5 A
Purposes and the Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data
The purposes of the processing of personal data are talent attraction activities in Turku Science Park Ltd. The processing is based on pursuing the legitimate interests of the data controller. The legitimate interests are managing talent attraction activities and marketing the services of the campaign organizers.
Categories of Personal Data and Purposes of Collected Data
Some of the categories of personal data apply only to a limited group of the participants:
- Contact details (for example name, email, phone number)
- Information given in the questionnaire form (for example work interests, work experience)
- CV information
- Third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn
Turku Science Park Ltd collects personal information from you with your consent in its talent attraction activities for the following purposes:
- Email marketing: data controller collects personal information in order to communicate about for example job possibilities and other work-related information.
- Targeted email marketing: For the purpose of finding matches between job seekers and recruiting companies and other organisations, targeting may be done based on the information collected with your consent (for example relevant work interests, work experience, CV information or a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn).
- If you decide to grant access to a third-party integrated service such as ones provided by, for example, Google, Microsoft or LinkedIn, Turku Science Park Ltd may also collect personal information that is associated with your integrated service account.
- If the information is used for purposes of aggregated analysis or market research, the information is always made unidentifiable. Such personal data cannot be used to identify a certain natural person, and as such is not considered to be personal data.
Recipients of Personal Data
Personal Data is disclosed to parties that take part in organizing the talent attraction initiatives in Southwest Finland region (the cities of Turku, Rauma, Pori, Salo and Uusikaupunki, as well as Turku Science Park Ltd, Prizztech Oy, Yrityssalo Oy, Länsirannikon Koulutus Oy WinNova and Sataedu Oy).
By giving your consent to the Terms of Policy you give Turku Science Park Ltd the right to process your personal data according to this privacy notice and for the purposes stated in this privacy notice. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the EU/EEA
Personal Data is not transferred outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Once you have contacted a company directly in recruitment purposes, any data shared or processed from that point onwards between the company and you will be covered in accordance with that company’s data protection policy. Turku Science Park Ltd does not participate in the processing of the personal data shared directly between the companies and you.
Information from the questionnaire form, CV information and third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn are stored for six months after the questionnaire has been filled or as long as the marketing permission given is valid.
Storing of Personal Data and Keeping it Secure
Personal data is stored on servers, which are secured according to general industry standards and practices. Personal data is considered confidential and it is not disclosed to outsiders without sufficient legal grounds.
Only the employees or partners (named under section “Recipients of Personal Data”) of Turku Science Park Ltd who have the need to process personal data for their work performance are authorized to use the systems containing personal data. All users have personal login credentials for the used systems containing personal data.
Automatic Decision-Making and Profiling
The processing of personal data does not include any automatic decision-making or profiling.
Your Rights Regarding the Processing of Personal Data
Right to Access the Data
You have the right to receive a confirmation on whether or not Turku Science Park Ltd processes your personal data, and if it does, the right to access the data and to receive information on the processing of personal data.
Right to Rectify the Data
You have the right to request that Turku Science Park Ltd rectifies any inaccurate or false data concerning you.
Right of Erasure
You have the right to have your personal data erased if the conditions set in the applicable legislation are met and if Turku Science Park Ltd has no statutory obligation or other grounds for processing the data.
Right to Restrict the Processing of Personal Data
In situations defined in the applicable legislation you have the right to request that Turku Science Park Ltd restricts the processing of your personal data.
Right to Data Portability
If processing your personal data is based on your consent or an agreement, you have the right to receive the data you have supplied to Turku Science Park Ltd and transfer it to another controller.
Right to Object
In situations defined in the applicable legislation you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to file a complaint
If you consider that the processing of your personal data constitutes a breach of the applicable legislation, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Data Protection Ombudsman.